SCH is certified by the West Virginia Infrastructure and Jobs Development Council as Certified Public Accountants and Project Administrators. Our firm has dedicated a significant portion of its resources to serving the water and wastewater industry. The technical backgrounds of the professionals in our public utilities department, and their collective experiences providing a wide range of accounting, consulting, and educational services are extensive.
Our professionals have been providing expert testimony before the Public Service Commission for nearly 25 years.
In addition to the accounting and reporting services typically expected of accounting firms, our professionals provide specialized services such as receivership, project management, Rule 42 Exhibit preparation, and financial assistance.
Preparation of Rule 42 Exhibits
- Project coordination from the inception of the initial plan, managing and coordinating engineers, financial agents, and construction contractors up to and during construction;
- Feasibility study preparation and assistance;
- Representation of water and wastewater providers in certificate applications;
- Assistance in the determination and application for rate structures;
- Designing and implantation of effective accounting, reporting, and internal control policies and procedures; and
- Training utility staff in order to comply with accounting and reporting requirements.
Our professional staff has prepared and presented instructional material for training courses sponsored by the West Virginia Rural Water Association. This training was designed for managers and office personnel for utilities and involved budget preparation, financial statement analysis, and utility rate design. The material has been presented at numerous training sessions throughout the State and at the Annual WV Rural Water Association Conference in Canaan Valley, and was published in the quarterly WV Rural Water Association Magazine.